“What is the Con,” is probably what some of you are asking yourself right now. The “Con” as many of the attendees refer to it, is the shortened nickname for the San Diego Comic Convention. Taking place at the San Diego Convention Center from July 23-26, while it is THE biggest showcase/event for comics in the US, it’s also a big showcase for movie studios to promote their upcoming films. It is for this reason that the Red Band Project is making it’s first ever trip to the Con. While we won’t be live blogging during the convention, at the very least expect a report on our experience after it’s all said and done and perhaps if there’s time, a recap or two. Since it’s our first time, we really don’t know what to expect.
Here are just a few of big presentations being made this year:
- 3D Showcase: Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, The Hole, The Final Destination
- Summit Entertainment: Astro Boy, Sorority Row, The Twilight Saga: New Moon
- 20th Century Fox and James Cameron present Avatar
- Warner Bros – Showcasing Where the Wild Things Are, Sherlock Holmes, and more
- Disney & Pixar Animation Panel
- Focus Features: 9
- Sony Pictures Entertainment: Legion and District 9
- The Visionaries— A discussion with filmmakers James Cameron & Peter Jackson
- Miramax: Extract
- Sony Pictures: Zombieland and 2012
- Paramount Pictures and Marvel Entertainment: Iron Man 2
For information about the San Diego Comic Con, programming schedule, toy exclusives, and more surf over to their website at Comic-Con.org.